Yay!! It’s time for T-SQL Tuesday and this month I am hosting the party. I had another topic in mind when I asked to be a host but since the RTM occurred in March I thought it would be best to pick a topic focusing on SQL Server 2012!
I have been playing around with 2012 for some months now and I know for a fact that I don't know all the new or improved features. As for the features that I actually do know, I cannot say that I am 100% sure that I fully understand all of the benefits that they provide. I don’t think that I am the only person who feels this way so I decided to pick a topic to help improve everyone knowledge of SQL Server 2012!This month's topic is: What do you think is a useful feature of SQL Server 2012?
The feature can be a new or an improved feature. I deliberately did not use the word 'favorite' to reduce the chance of multiple posts focusing on the same topic. I also deliberately used the word 'useful' to encourage bloggers to give detailed use cases and real-world examples. Remember these posts are to share knowledge and benefit the SQL community so if you want to 'gain access to the VIP room at the After Party' then be the blogger who wrote about a useful feature that no one else covered.
· New party guests: If this is your first time attending this party then you simply need to write a blog post based on the topic mentioned above.
· Date: Your post must be published between 00:00 GMT Tuesday April 10th, 2012 and 00:00 GMT Wednesday April 11th, 2012
· Required gift: Your blog post has to link back to the hosting blog and the link must be anchored from the logo (the T-SQL one in this post).
· Details are necessary for the door prize: Trackbacks should work, but if you don’t see one please provide the link to your post in the comments section below. That way everyone can see your work and of course I can find your post for the 'After Party'.
What the cool kids do at these parties
· Include a reference to T-SQL Tuesday in the title of your post.
· Tweet about your post using the hash tag #TSQL2sDay.
After Party: I look forward to reading your posts and doing a wrap up later this month.